Old Navy Jobs & Careers – Application, How to Apply, Requirements & Interview Tips
Last Updated: September 20th, 2019 by
Whether you are the fashion queen in your social circle or you simply enjoy shopping, fulfill your love for everything related to fashion and fill out your Old Navy job application today.
Old Navy is part of the Gap Inc. brand, which is a global retailer that offers accessories, clothing, and more. The Gap Inc. brand envelops the following brands: Old Navy, Banana Republic, Intermix, the Gap, Baby Gap, and Athleta.
Gap Inc. has stores in over 90 countries. Old Navy is one of the top fashion retailers that provides clothing and accessories for men, women, teens, and young children.
If you want to help customers find the products they love, consider one of the many positions Old Navy offers from working as a sellebrity to a store manager.
You can let your love and passion for clothing stand out with a job at Old Navy.
To apply for a position at Old Navy, the most commonly used method is submitting an online application.
- Minimum Age Requirement: The minimum age requirement for employment at Old Navy is 16.
- Hours of Operation: Old Navy is open Monday – Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. and on Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Methods to Apply: Interested applicants can apply to Old Navy by submitting an online application through the application wizard.
Searching for an Open Position
To search for a position at Old Navy, you will need to visit the job search page. From here, you will then need to enter in your location and search for available positions.
All open positions meeting your criteria will be displayed in a list-style format. You can view the requirements of the position by clicking on the job title.
Applying for a Job
To apply for a position, click on the job title that interests you. Once there, make sure you meet the requirements and then click the “apply for job” button.
You will be required to create an account. Once you are registered, you will be directed to the application.
The first question on the application will ask you to agree to a background check. After you make your selection, you will be taken to a page where you will upload your resume.
Next, you will fill out your personal information, your work experience, your qualifications, availability, and more. You will also have to take an assessment before the end of the application.
Once you have completed the application, you can submit it to the location of your choice.
Don’t Skip the Background Check
The application asks you to consent to a background check, which is required for employment. If you do not consent to one, it is unlikely that you will be asked for an interview.
Unless you know for sure you will not pass the background check, you should have no reason not to consent to it. You can even request a copy of the report.
Create a Resume if You Don’t Have One
If you do not have a resume, it is important that you take some time and create one for yourself. You will need it not only for this application, but any others you submit as well.
Your resume highlights your achievements, work history, and experience. Take your time on your resume and do not rush through it.
Take the Assessment Seriously
You will be required to take a short assessment before you turn in your application. You should focus on this assessment and answer the questions as thoroughly and to the best of your ability as possible.
Many of the assessment questions are testing to see how you would handle certain situations in a retail environment.
Should You Follow Up?
You can follow up on your application by logging back into your account using the credentials you created when first applying to the job.
Once you are in your account, you will be able to see the positions you applied to and the status of your application. Any changes or updates to your application will be displayed under the status.
Old Navy has over 1,000 stores throughout the world and the company hired thousands of employees every year. Old Navy is considered one of the largest clothing brands throughout the world.
If you are looking to work in a company that provides fashion apparel for families, you will find Old Navy is the place for you. Here are some of the positions that exist:
- Sellebrity – As a Sellebrity, you will be responsible for building a relationship between the Old Navy brand and customers. You should take pride in the products offered and provide customers with a personalized experience. As a Sellebrity, you can expect to make between $8 and $11 per hour.
- Stock Specialist – As a Stock Specialist, you will be responsible for stocking the shelves within the store and making sure that no display is empty. As a Stock Specialist, you can expect to make between $9 and $12 per hour.
- Merchandising Specialist – As a Merchandising Specialist, you will be responsible for knowing about all of the Old Navy products. You will help the Sellebrity learn about where items are and motivate them to make sales. As a Merchandising Specialist, you can expect to make between $9 and $14 per hour.
- Pricing Specialist – As a Pricing Specialist, you are responsible for the prices in the store. You will monitor and display prices correctly so that customers have a clear idea of how much something costs. As a Pricing Specialist, you can expect to make between $9 and $13 per hour.
- Merchandising Manager – As a Merchandising Manager, you will support all of the floor staff and lead by example. You will help set up individual goals for employees and the departments. As a Merchandising Manager, you can expect to make between $14 and $24 per hour.
- Assistant Store Manager – As an Assistant Store Manager, you will be responsible for providing support to the Store Manager and ensuring all goals are met. He or she will monitor employees to ensure all policies are followed. As an Assistant Store Manager, you can expect to make between $39,000 and $58,000 per year.
- Store Manager – As a Store Manager, you will be responsible for the store’s daily operations. He or she will set goals and monitor them closely to ensure the store remains profitable and sales climb. As a Store Manager, you can expect to make between $45,000 and $87,000 per year.
Old Navy offers entry-level positions throughout all of their stores. Interested applicants will find a variety of positions to qualify. Each entry-level position paves a pathway for you to move up in the company.
Whether this is your first job or you are looking to start your career, you will find a position that is right for you at Old Navy.
As a Sellebrity, it is your responsibility to provide customers with the best experience. You will be in charge of connecting customers with the brand and helping them find the products they need. The Sellebrity should be wild about Old Navy products.
Search for Another Job
In this role, you will listen and collaborate with customers to ensure they enjoy their shopping experience. You will also need to monitor garment racks and displays to maintain a neat appearance throughout the store.
As a Stock Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that all of the shelves and displays stay stocked and neat at all times.
You will need to monitor the store’s environment to prevent merchandise loss, as well. The Stock Specialist will understand back house organization and planograms to ensure all products are displayed correctly.
As a Merchandising Specialist, you will shine a light on all of Old Navy’s products. You will help support the Sellebrity through coaching and training. In this role, you will provide feedback about the store’s merchandise and more.
In addition, you will always follow company policies and ensure all employees are as well. They will hold you responsible for meeting all of the company policies at all times and during audits.
As a Pricing Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring all of the prices throughout the store are accurate. Your job will be to walk around and make sure all prices are clear to customers and that there are no discrepancies.
You will help the Sellebrity when he or she needs help finding a price on an item. In addition, you will ensure that they adhere to all company policies for pricing.
Old Navy offers seasonal job positions throughout peak times and during the holiday season. You will find both full-time and part-time seasonal job offerings.
Seasonal Brand Associate
The Seasonal Brand Associate is responsible for providing quality customer service to all customers that come into the store. He or she will ensure the store stays clean and all displays are neat.
The Seasonal Brand Associate will promote all of Old Navy’s products and help with other operations including running the register.
Old Navy offers benefits to its employees from health insurance to discounts on merchandise throughout the store.
As the Merchandising Manager, it is your responsibility to help drive sales and creatively display the company’s products to increase profitability.
You will be responsible for the store displays and helping the store meet all productivity and profitability goals as well.
You will provide quality customer service and lead the floor team by example.
Assistant Store Manager
As the Assistant Store Manager, you will be responsible for helping the Store Manager with all daily operations. You will ensure that goals are being set and met throughout the store.
In this role, you will help drive sales and encourage employees to stay motivated throughout the day.
As the Store Manager, you will motivate, recruit, and train all employees in the store. You will set daily, weekly, and monthly goals for the store.
The Store Manager will handle payroll, compliance issues, and any merchandising issues that arise. The Store Manager should be a strong leader and have great customer service skills.
Before your interview, you want to prepare as best as possible to ensure you can answer all questions correctly. Below, we will go over some tips to help you.
What Would You Do if You Witnessed Someone Stealing?
They may ask you that question. The best answer you could give would be that you would alert a manager and follow all policies and procedures outlined in the company handbook.
How Would You Handle a Price Discrepancy?
If you are applying for the pricing specialist position, they may ask you how you would handle a price discrepancy between the actual price and the stocker price. You should let the interviewer know that you would follow the protocols and policies set forth by Old Navy to effectively handle the situation.
Why Should We Hire You?
To prepare for this question, you should think about all of your qualities and what you bring to the table. If they ask you this, you should highlight your qualities such as great customer service and a willingness to learn.
Old Navy was originally founded in 1994 and became one of the first retailers to reach a billion dollars in sales after only four years of operation, in 1997.
The founders named it after a bar in Paris, France. Old Navy has over 1,000 stores throughout the world and employs thousands of applicants each year.
Employees who work at Old Navy are happy with their position in the company. Many of the employees agree that there are advancement opportunities and the management team is friendly and helpful.
In addition, employees said Old Navy is flexible when it comes to scheduling and a day of work does not seem like “work.”